28.

Today I turn 28. Yep. Twenty. Eight. Wow. I feel so old, in the blogging world, and in the real world. When I was younger and thought of where I would be at 28, it is not where I am today. But, I’m ok with that.
Sure, sometimes I feel like I’m “behind” as I watch babies, weddings, and engagements flood my Facebook news feed. Sure, I let then “when are you getting married??” remarks get to me sometimes. But when I am really honest with myself, I like where I am in life. I wouldn’t change a thing. So back off society. I’ll do what I want when I want to. ;]
(My favorite birthday-related photo, my cousin and I on her birthday.
Don’t I look happy in my lop-sided over-sized turquoise bow?)

On another note, in honor of my birthday all birthday cards in my shop are 50% off!

Only $2.00 per card with no quantity limit. Stock up now so you don’t have to worry about getting a last minute card next time! Enjoy! xo JA

Happy Birthday Julie! I sometimes feel old in the blogging world too. So many people out there have babies when they’re in their early 20s…..it freaks me out =). I hope you have an amazing day and year. xoxo

2. Lovely! And yay for sales.
    Love the photo.

Happy Birthday! 🙂

p.s. – is there an ‘ideal’ age in the blogging world that I’ve not heard of yet? ha.

3. Yay happy birthday friend!!!!! I turned 28 this year too and felt super old haha. It’s not so bad though… just don’t ask me how old I am in 2 years. You are at an awesome place in life, be proud 🙂 and have the bestest birthday ever!
    xo dana

4. hahah YOU ARE FINE lady. I don’t know why you feel old at all… (I know I’m younger than you) but not everyone in the blog world has babies at 20. 🙂
    I mean I am married… which makes me feel like a total weirdo in Seattle.

but anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

5. Christie Cottage 4 years ago

Happy Birthday!

You may not look happy in that picture, but you sure are cute!

<><

6. Jenny Holiday 4 years ago

ahhh no worries…life has a plan for all of us! 🙂 Have Fun and enjoy each chapter! 🙂

Happy Birthday!! 🙂
    xo

7. The Egg 4 years ago

happiest birthday!!!

xothe egg out west.

8. Happy Birthday Love! And kudos with being happy with where you are in life, you are right where you need to be. 🙂

9. Tia 4 years ago

Happy Birthday Julie! 🙂
    Tia

10. Happy Birthday! 🙂

11. Violet D. 4 years ago

Happy Birthday, Julie! =) xo

12. Dawn 4 years ago

Happy Birthday, Julie!! You should definitely be proud of where you are at in life, and what you have accomplished…SO FAR. 🙂 I hope you have a wonderful, fantastic birthday!!

13. Erin Ward 4 years ago

happy birthday:)

14. whitbnimble 4 years ago

Happy Birthday! I just turned 30 and I’m certain it’s gonna be my best year yet. I don’t understand the comment, “I feel old in the blogging world.” ??? I blog, and I feel young, spry, and like I have a lot to offer the blogerverse. I’m thankful that there are blogs out there written by women of every age. You’ve got experience to share! Hope you have a great day. ^^

15. Kelsea Echo 4 years ago

Happy birthday!! This post made me happy. Especially the second paragraph. I’ve been getting quite a bit of the “are you engaged yet?” stuff lately… and seeing a lot of people around me getting married. I go back and forth some days, but most of the time I’m so happy I’m not married/having kids yet. Loving life as it is. =)

16. Yanxia Luo 4 years ago

Happy birthday! A lot lot… sales!

17. Samantha Zinn 4 years ago

Happy birthday Julie! I thought you were 23-25 years old- you look so young and pretty 🙂
    Your greeting cards rock, I added them to my must-have list 🙂

Hope you have a nice day! x

18. BCshutterbug 4 years ago

This is late, but Happy Birthday! I am in the same state (though a few years older) where sometimes it bothers me that I seem to be lagging behind other. Enjoy your life the way you want to enjoy it. Hope you had a wonderful birthday! 🙂

19. Chelsea 4 years ago

Happy late birthday!! hope it was amazing!

I kinda had a freak out with my birthday last month and I’m only 24. I think it’s really freeing to realize that you don’t have to keep a timeline. Suck it, society.