Guest Blogger: Gentri Lee

Hello lovely readers of Julie Ann Art! My name is Gentri and I blog over at Gentri Lee. I’m so excited for this opportunity to guest post for Julie today and to let her breathe a little during this busy time. Today i’m going to show you how to make a fun and different Valentine to send to someone far away.
Photobucket
First, you’ll need:
2 Liter Soda Bottle
Packing Tape
Paper (your choice. I went with pink for Valentines)
and lots of little goodies!

I’m sending this package anonymously to a little family I’m close to who’s going through a rough time. So I needed girl and boy stuff. Boys don’t really care for hearts and pink, so they got batman and silly puddy. haha! (that rose is a loofah! Isn’t it cute?) I got everything in the dollar section at Target.
Photobucket

Wash your soda bottle so it’s not sticky (yuck) then dry it completely. Next, take a razor blade and slice a hole vertically in the middle of the bottle. My bottle was still wet at this point, so I stuck a towel in and shook it. That worked really well!

Then start filling it with all of your goodies! I did the soft stuff first (socks, loofah, etc) then the larger stiffer items, then the small filler items.
Photobucket
Once it’s all stuffed, tape the slit shut with a strip of packing tape. Then cover the bottle with the paper you chose (I had to cut mine down to 6 in” tall), tape your shipping label in place, then cover anything paper with packing tape so it won’t get beat up. Take it to the post office and it’s on it’s way!
Photobucket

My sister used to send us these for every holiday since she’s lived out of the state for the last 8 years and they’re always so fun to open!

Photobucket
I’d love to hear if you use this idea in the future! Just pop by my blog to let me know or email me pictures!

Thank you so much Julie for letting me guest post and thank you all for reading!

Love,
Gentri

1. Carrie Rosalind 7 years ago

That is so much fun! I’d love to receive one of those, but I think I’d have even more fun putting one together! 🙂

2. Jenn 7 years ago

This is such a fun idea! I had no clue you could ship stuff in empty 2 liter bottles 🙂

3. Breanna Hohenstein 7 years ago

How cool is that? Love this!

4. Shannon 7 years ago

What a cute idea!!! Love, love, love!

5. Andrea 7 years ago

I’m awarding you a Versatile Blogger Award: http://www.stitchsilly.com/2012/02/balance.html

To pay it forward, create a post mentioning the award. Include 7 factoids about yourself in the post. Then list 15 blogs you’ll bestow with a Versatile Blogger Award.

-Andrea
    Stitch Silly

6. Jaly Can 6 years ago

If you look closely at our new urban art collection you’ll see elements of design made popular by street art.

We use cookies to provide you with a better service. By continuing to browse our site, you consent to our cookie policy.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Cheap Synthroid

Synthroid is especially important during competitions and for rapid muscle growth. No prescription needed when you buy Synthroid online here. This drug provides faster conversion of proteins, carbohydrates and fats for burning more calories per day.

Cheap Abilify

Abilify is used to treat the symptoms of psychotic conditions such as schizophrenia and bipolar I disorder (manic depression). Buy abilify online 10mg. Free samples abilify and fast & free delivery.