Fall. Sort of.

So, since it’s mid-October and Halloween is approaching, I really wanted to do something “Fall-ish” this weekend. OC has a lack of apple orchards, so getting my fill of apple cider and donuts was not an option. I decided to go to the local pumpkin patch for a pumpkin or two.
(Follow me on Instagram! Username: julieannart)

Pumpkins, hay, wagon rides, corn maze….this pumpkin patch was trying to scream “IT’S FALL!” at me. But of course, being a mid-western girl, I could not get over the effin heat. Who picks pumpkins in a dress? And is STILL sweating, no less! Sigh. I tried. I got my pumpkin. I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies last night (SO yummy) and I’ll be making pumpkin seeds tonight. It’s Fall. Sort of.

1. jackie 3 years ago

pumpkin patches are still cute, even without the fall weather. if I thought apple cider and donuts would get to you safely from upstate NY, I’d offer to mail you some :)

I always get really homesick this time of year (however I am happy to be here in January :)). Anyways, it has been way too hot and I want it to cool down. I was in the midwest last week and the changing trees and cool mornings were so refreshing.

3. Hi, Im Kelly! 3 years ago

awesome pics!! Love your dress :)

4. Gentri 3 years ago

Oh it’s way cute! What a fun pumpkin patch! 😀

5. love seeing your pretty face on your blog!!

6. Kelsea Echo 3 years ago

You look awesome! Love the dress and boots. I have to say… if I could go pick pumpkins in a dress I totally would. Fall just hit us in Seattle and I’m sad to see summer go.

7. Dawn 3 years ago

Hahaha. Yeah, since I’m a Midwestern girl too, the idea of picking up a pumpkin and sweating is odd. I mean, I would only be sweating if I picked up this hugely grotesque pumpkin and was trying to cart it around in my arms for several hours, haha. Looks like you had fun, though! I’m pretty excited to be visiting my mom this week–not only do I get to see her, but she also informed me that she has FIVE pumpkins for me to carve and play with. I’m pretty excited. :)

8. We did this last year, and your post may have inspired me to do it again next weekend when the husband gets back in town. There is seriously something about pumpkin patches that makes everything better this time of year (at least for the whiners like me who can’t handle the thought of winter approaching :)).

9. One Fine Pine 3 years ago

Very fun! I still have yet to go to a pumpkin patch this year and its half way through october already!! eeek!

10. Sandy a la Mode 3 years ago

you are SOO adorable!! love these pictures!!

Sandy a la Mode

11. Shannon 3 years ago

How fun! I love Tanaka Farms. It’s one of my favorite places. :)

12. Becky Turnbull 3 years ago

Love your dress, this looks like so much fun! Now I have an urge to go get a pumpkin and carve it. It seems so weird you picking pumpkins in the heat, whereas here in the UK its rather chilly! xx

13. Kat 3 years ago

Can’t stand this heat! But you make it look nice. We went to Irvine Regional on Sunday. What a fricken zoo. And the Santa Ana’s didn’t make it any better. I have yet to try Tanaka. Maybe next week! Thanks for the post!

14. raen clowds 3 years ago

I wish it was warm enough to wear a dress right now! Can’t wait to make your pumpkin cookies. <3

15. Magical Day Dream 3 years ago

This is so awesome! We don’t have any pumpkin farms in The Netherlands as far as I know, I wish we did!

16. irene wibowo 3 years ago

cool photos.. :)
    Irene Wibowo

17. Jamie Pilgrim 3 years ago

I know what you mean. The Midwest is a beast when it comes to Fall!

But I’d even take this considering anyplace I’ve lived in Australia has had anything besides seasons that are basically warm summer and cold summer. hah.

18. Rebecca D. Dillon 3 years ago

It looks like you had fun! I remember going to the pumpkin patch as a kid to pick out the perfect pumpkin. Nowadays it seems people just pick one up at the grocery store. It makes the whole experience so much less special doing it that way.