Playing Catching Up

This week I feel like I’m playing catch up a bit. I find it kind of funny considering I was *hoping* to stay more on top of things after quitting my job. Yeah, no. That was the case for about a week. Then I spent my weekend shooting two weddings with Etch Films and lost track of orders and blog post preparations.
It’s also sort of awesome though….to be self-employed and still be busy. I really like having the opportunity to see how many areas I can use my skills. This wedding videographer thing really sort of fell into my lap and turns out, I’m alright at it. And more so, enjoying it. I mean, how can you not enjoy going to weddings all the time? (Rhetorical question, I’m sure there are people who hate weddings….ya crazies.)
(Do you recognize my nail polish cabinet from this DIY tutorial post?)
So while Saturday and Sunday were spent shooting weddings, Monday I went to work on JAA. I knocked out two wholesale orders that I knew I needed to get out before going home to Michigan on Thursday (eek!). I’ve also been trying to get my new blog design up but that keeps taking a back burner to my Etsy shop responsibilities.

And here’s little Penny mama. Just because you know, she’s frickin’ cute alright?

What about you? Playing catch up? On top of it? xo JA

1. ilene @ muchloveilly 3 years ago

aw, this makes me so happy for you! i love that you are thriving from your homemade biz and photography – you are amazing! p.s. miss you and need to see your face one day soon!

I feel like I have been playing catch up the past month! And it’s going to stay crazy until Christmas….

I am so happy that you are busy. It really is the best, isn’t it?

3. Young Georgia Love 3 years ago

i’m so glad you’re keeping busy! and the wedding videographer thing sounds like such a blast! hope you’re having fun with it!

4. Erin 3 years ago

I’m never not playing catch up to some extent, though, I sort of plan for that.

5. Dawn 3 years ago

It’s good that you’re staying so busy! I’m glad to hear about the wholesale things, too. That probably gives you a sense of ease. Have a safe trip to Michigan! How long will you be back for?

6. dana @ wonder forest 3 years ago

yay glad you are keeping busy! and i love your pup she’s so stinkin’ cute.

xo, someone who hates weddings
    dana 😉

7. BCshutterbug 3 years ago

Penny is too cute! (and great shot btw). It sounds like a wonderful kind of busy. I’m not even at playing catch up yet, but one day. I wish I had it in me to start doing wedding photography, but I just don’t think I could handle the stress :/ lol

8. i am always so far behind but i’m glad you’re keeping busy!
    also, i love penny.

9. Ashley Rae 3 years ago

Playing catch up! Just got store space so like all of my inventory is there, ugh. And I just got a cold, poo.

10. Ashley Rae 3 years ago

11. whitbnimble 3 years ago

Right there with ya! Being sick just makes everything come to a screeching halt. Annnnd I also don’t like weddings, but I still love your blog. hah ^^

12. SO exciting to be busy even though you quit your day job! Yayyy! That’s the goal, right? :)

13. Sandy a la Mode 3 years ago

awww what a cutie! i need a week to relax and play catch up! unfortunately, that’s not going to happen anytime soon…

xo,