28.

Today I turn 28. Yep. Twenty. Eight. Wow. I feel so old, in the blogging world, and in the real world. When I was younger and thought of where I would be at 28, it is not where I am today. But, I’m ok with that.
Sure, sometimes I feel like I’m “behind” as I watch babies, weddings, and engagements flood my Facebook news feed. Sure, I let then “when are you getting married??” remarks get to me sometimes. But when I am really honest with myself, I like where I am in life. I wouldn’t change a thing. So back off society. I’ll do what I want when I want to. ;]
(My favorite birthday-related photo, my cousin and I on her birthday.
Don’t I look happy in my lop-sided over-sized turquoise bow?)

On another note, in honor of my birthday all birthday cards in my shop are 50% off!

Only $2.00 per card with no quantity limit. Stock up now so you don’t have to worry about getting a last minute card next time! Enjoy! xo JA

Happy Birthday Julie! I sometimes feel old in the blogging world too. So many people out there have babies when they’re in their early 20s…..it freaks me out =). I hope you have an amazing day and year. xoxo

2. Lovely! And yay for sales.
    Love the photo.

Happy Birthday! :)

p.s. – is there an ‘ideal’ age in the blogging world that I’ve not heard of yet? ha.

3. dana @ wonder forest 3 years ago

Yay happy birthday friend!!!!! I turned 28 this year too and felt super old haha. It’s not so bad though… just don’t ask me how old I am in 2 years. You are at an awesome place in life, be proud :) and have the bestest birthday ever!
    xo dana

4. hahah YOU ARE FINE lady. I don’t know why you feel old at all… (I know I’m younger than you) but not everyone in the blog world has babies at 20. :)
    I mean I am married… which makes me feel like a total weirdo in Seattle.

but anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

5. Shannon 3 years ago
  6. Christie Cottage 3 years ago

Happy Birthday!

You may not look happy in that picture, but you sure are cute!

<><

7. Jenny Holiday 3 years ago

ahhh no worries…life has a plan for all of us! :) Have Fun and enjoy each chapter! :)

Happy Birthday!! :)
    xo

8. The Egg 3 years ago

happiest birthday!!!

xothe egg out west.

9. Marilyn (Pulp Sushi) 3 years ago

Happy Birthday Love! And kudos with being happy with where you are in life, you are right where you need to be. :)

10. Tia 3 years ago

Happy Birthday Julie! :)
    Tia

11. Happy Birthday! :)

12. Violet D. 3 years ago

Happy Birthday, Julie! =) xo

13. Dawn 3 years ago

Happy Birthday, Julie!! You should definitely be proud of where you are at in life, and what you have accomplished…SO FAR. :) I hope you have a wonderful, fantastic birthday!!

14. Erin Ward 3 years ago

happy birthday:)

15. whitbnimble 3 years ago

Happy Birthday! I just turned 30 and I’m certain it’s gonna be my best year yet. I don’t understand the comment, “I feel old in the blogging world.” ??? I blog, and I feel young, spry, and like I have a lot to offer the blogerverse. I’m thankful that there are blogs out there written by women of every age. You’ve got experience to share! Hope you have a great day. ^^

16. Kelsea Echo 3 years ago

Happy birthday!! This post made me happy. Especially the second paragraph. I’ve been getting quite a bit of the “are you engaged yet?” stuff lately… and seeing a lot of people around me getting married. I go back and forth some days, but most of the time I’m so happy I’m not married/having kids yet. Loving life as it is. =)

17. Yanxia Luo 3 years ago

Happy birthday! A lot lot… sales!

18. Samantha Zinn 3 years ago

Happy birthday Julie! I thought you were 23-25 years old- you look so young and pretty :)
    Your greeting cards rock, I added them to my must-have list :)

Hope you have a nice day! x

19. BCshutterbug 3 years ago

This is late, but Happy Birthday! I am in the same state (though a few years older) where sometimes it bothers me that I seem to be lagging behind other. Enjoy your life the way you want to enjoy it. Hope you had a wonderful birthday! :)

20. Chelsea 3 years ago

Happy late birthday!! hope it was amazing!

I kinda had a freak out with my birthday last month and I’m only 24. I think it’s really freeing to realize that you don’t have to keep a timeline. Suck it, society.