Organizing Tights

Guess how I spent my weekend!! Organizing my closet! Jealous? Ok, being honest, I didn’t really organize my closet, I just worked on hanging my tights nicely. It took all of five minutes and then I gave up on the closet for the rest of the weekend.
I had previously stored my tights in a drawer, but I always had a hard time finding the pair I was looking for. I’m the type of person that needs to see everything right in front of me. If it’s hidden under a ton of socks in a drawer I’m probably not going to find it and most likely completely forget that I even own it. (Am I the only one who forgets she owns items of clothing until she finds them in the bottom of her hamper?)
I actually have more closet space than drawer space so this hanger technique is perfect for me! All my tights are in plain site, yet they don’t take up a lot of room in the closet. And best of all, it’s easier to keep them snag-free! Do you have any more closet organization tips to share?
  1. Stephine 4 years ago

That is such a cute idea and it’s very decorative :)

2. pushups with polish 4 years ago

what a good idea! i actually organized my closet too this weekend but i didn’t think of this :)

3. Alison 4 years ago

These are really great. Unfortunately my place is chalk full of drawers and a little light on the closet space. But I’ll keep it in mind for future places. My only advice is organize by clothing article and then color; that way you have palettes instead of piles to work with.

4. Very cute idea!
    I actually put my tights in ziploc baggies and label them on the front (color and where I got them) and store them in a little drawer with wheels inside my closet. That way I can open the drawer and pull out the bags to see what color I want then stuff them all back in :)

5. BeadsAndBarnacles 4 years ago

very nice. I hang my scarves like this and I do have to say that is what I thought your picture was of to start with :p

and no I forget about clothing I own too.

• Anonymous 2 years ago

FYI they make hangers that have the clips on them in rows down . its like being able to hang 6 pants or skirts in the same area as one! check out target maybe for them

6. LC 4 years ago

Great idea! I’m definitely one of those people that forgets she owns an item of clothing…specifically shirts. I’m constantly hiding shirts with the shirts that are always worn because I fold them up and put them on top.

7. Urska M. 4 years ago

Love this idea! Plus it’s really good looking and colorful! <3 oh, and I just watched the wedding video of your GF that you posted and I must say it’s super charming and magical! Wish you a great Monday! Much love, xo

– Urska @
    Live.Create.Inspire

8. adorable! love the colors :)

9. Cabootique 4 years ago

I love this idea! It looks great, and I think I’m going to do this with my tights today.

10. Elisha Lynn 4 years ago

This is so brilliant! Actually, I am going to add it to my brilliant board on Pinterest. I wear tights everyday when I teach and I always pick the ones on top, just because I don’t feel like rooting through my sock drawer in the morning. I am going to do this when I get home!

11. Sarah 4 years ago

What an amazing idea!! And I always forget about clothes that are at the bottom of the hamper! lol.

12. Tutus & Tea Parties 4 years ago

Cleaver! I have mine in a drawer too but this is much easier.

I’d love for you to link up and share:
    tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2011/11/pinteresting-linky-party-week-twelve.html

13. Rachel W K 4 years ago

great idea! I actually LOVE organizing my closet, I change it up about once a month lol! My main organizer is just a basic bookshelf, but I’ve tucked it under the hanging rod and it holds all my beautiful handbags, so I can pick which one I want to use that evening :)

-rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

14. Brooke 4 years ago

Genius! I’m doing this with my thights tonight! :)

15. Dawn 4 years ago

This is one of Uh,….DUH things. Simply brilliant! Mine are all shoved in my sock drawer as well. Sadly, mine are not as colorful as yours. I have a maroon, a blue and a purple, but I have three times that many in various shades of black. :)

16. This is so brilliant!! Now, I just need to branch out to some fun colors like you have :)

17. Annika 4 years ago

Genius! I always make such a huge mess digging through my tights drawer looking for the ones I want, this is such a great solution!!

18. Erin / Miri-love 4 years ago

Adorable tights! I just snagged myself a pair of Oatmeal-coloured knit tights with a chevron design on them and I CANNOT wait to pair them up with a cute outfit!

Erin from BloggingBuddies :)

19. Marta 4 years ago

FANTASTIC IDEA! I’m doing this for sure.
    Well done, Julie!

20. Stephanie 4 years ago

This is such a genius idea. I need to do this with my tights asap.

21. Sylvia 4 years ago

I think I said “duh” out loud when I saw this. Too clever. I jumped off the couch right away and went to work. Made my collection neat and accessible. Thanks for sharing!

22. hannah love 4 years ago

wow. this is brilliant! can’t wait to organize my tights :)

23. christen + shane 4 years ago

ahhh how have i not thought of this before?! I have the same drawer issue and am going to go hang my tights up RIGHT NOW!!! brilliant!

-christen
    comingfromthewoods.blogspot.com

24. smalltown20something 4 years ago

I did this with my scarves…. I should have realized it would be great for tights/leggings too!

Gotta do this ASAP!

25. Amy @ TheMombot.com 4 years ago

What a great idea! I found you on Pinterest and included you in my organization ideas blog: http://www.themombot.com/crafting/2012/02/10/link-love-organization-2012

26. free standing pantry 3 years ago

I love this idea! It looks great!

27. Dani Rock-A-Sota 3 years ago

I should do this with scarves!

28. rolling kitchen cart 3 years ago

That is such a cute idea

29. amoderngirl 2 years ago

Thanks so much for sharing this idea–I love it! Silly question: How do you tie the tights so they look so neat and tidy? Is that a certain kind of knot?