Leaf Craft Tutorials

Although I love California, the Autumn leaves do not compare in the slightest to the colors Michigan gets. And while I miss the bright oranges and bright reds there is one thing I don’t miss…..the raking! My mom’s house has a huge backyard and what was my job? Raking. And raking. Oh, and more raking. Bags upon bags stuffed with all the fallen leaves from the yard. It got the DIY nerd in me thinking about all the leaf craft projects out there.
Decorate candles with leaves using this tutorial. (my favorite!)
Preserve leaves in wax and hang them as a decoration.
Paint the leaves and make a wreath for any season.
Press the leaves as you would flowers and frame them as art.
Follow this tutorial to make beautiful leaves on canvas.

There’s all kinds of tutorials online with that use leaves! So if you’re stuck raking, you might as well get some fun out of it and use them to create something pretty!
  1. LC 4 years ago

Ooo…I never thought about preserving them with wax. What a good idea!

2. Erin / Miri-love 4 years ago

Wow, cool ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Erin from BloggingBuddies :)

3. Brooke Shambley 4 years ago

I completely agree about missing the fall foliage! I’m guessing California is the same as Mississippi where I live. The temperate weather does nothing to bring the beautiful yellows, oranges, and reds that are in the rest of the country.

• Anonymous 10 months ago

Northern Cali is beautiful up in the country.

4. Tutus & Tea Parties 4 years ago

What great leaf projects. We are always going on leaf hunts with our toddler.

I’d love for you to share and join my link party: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2011/10/pinteresting-linky-party-week-eleven.html

5. Andrea 4 years ago

I love the candles! They are so soothing.

I shared this post on my blog this morning: http://stitchsilly.blogspot.com/2011/11/when-did-this-happen.html

6. Tereza 4 years ago

Loved looking through your blog :)
    the candy corn nails are awesome!
    hugs tereza

7. talha 3 years ago

The leaves in the second picture are original or you have added colors to them?

plastic card holders