Decorating for Christmas

I’m (already?) getting excited for Christmas. I’m pretty sure I have never been this in the Christmas spirit. I think it’s partially because it’s my first Christmas living with Jordan…and I can’t wait to decorate our house. I already started and I plan to do more over Thanksgiving weekend!
It was a rainy weekend so I took the little Christmas decorations that we have out of the garage, lit some candles, put the She & Him Holiday playlist on Pandora, and started decorating. It was sort of like heaven to my newly Christmas adoring self. Did I mention I was also baking cookies simultaneously?
We’ve also started a Christmas decoration DIY project or two. And I’ve been trying to incorporate things I already have into holiday-related decor. I found this wooden box at the thrift store a few months ago so I added some pine cones and ornaments to create a festive centerpiece.
And of course Penny girl had to get festive too. These antlers lasted on her head for all of 1.5 seconds.
Have you started decorating yet? I’m hoping I’m not the only person who started before Thanksgiving!
  1. debbiecutieface 4 years ago

holiday decorating is so much fun!

2. Alli @ Life on LeRoy 4 years ago

I have started :-) It’s too hard not to! I hate the whole rule about no decorating before Thanksgiving! Who cares 😉 Have a great holiday!

3. ElleSee 4 years ago

This is fantastic! You were a very productive lady this past weekend. I love that wooden box that you found. I’m planning on decorating this weekend. My music of choice is usually Bing Crosby, or a mix tape (CD) of Christmas music that I love.

4. Julie Ann 4 years ago

I LOVE Bing Crosby! Have you seen White Christmas? It’s one of my favorite Christmas movies. I’ve seen it SOOO many times!

5. Rachel W K 4 years ago

my hubs makes me wait until thanksgiving day to decorate… if it were up to me the house would have a tree up weeks ago! But then it makes thanksgiving that much more exciting, turkey AND christmas decor in one day?!? amazing

6. Angie Ouellette-Tower 4 years ago

I love the reindeer pup!
    (blogging buddies)

7. Dearest Lou 4 years ago

Oh my goodness so cute! I am super excited for Christmas! I love your decorations.

8. Annika 4 years ago

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one with the Christmas fever already! The boyfriend thought I was nuts what I told him I already started my shopping haha

9. Brooke 4 years ago

I pulled out the decorations last night! I have two fur babies so I put my tree up outside on the patio {covered} so I can see it through the window and no fur babies will knock it over or electrocute themselves on Christmas lights :)

10. Candice 4 years ago

I love decorating for Christmas :) I’m planning on getting my (small) tree up this coming weekend. Penny looked really cute with those antlers on! :)

11. Dawnee 4 years ago

You are absolutely NOT the only one who started decorating before Christmas! :) I’ve been anxious to get started since Halloween! Doing a little something every day.

12. Angie 4 years ago

Penny is so cute!!! And we haven’t started decorating yet, only because I haven’t cleaned yet, woop! >.> I’m so glad you’re enjoying Christmas, it’s my favorite holiday after Halloween!!!

Also, that gorgeous box you found with pinecones and ornaments – seriously – is GORGEOUS.

13. Angie 4 years ago

Also, I am jealous of your Skyrim!!! The next game we have on our list is Star Wars: The Old Republic. We’re filling the time by beta testing!

14. Lauren 4 years ago

I’m a new follower to your blog and I am so glad that I found your blog today- I love it! I have to go though because I’m so excited to check out your blog! Have a great week!