Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don’t like pumpkin foods. It all started when I had my first taste of pumpkin pie and then had the stomach flu the next day. But last Thanksgiving I was in charge of the desserts. I made an apple pie but I felt like I had to make something pumpkin-ish for the holiday. I found this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies. They are SO good. They are so soft and chewy, sort of cake-like…just amazing. I’ve had probably about 14 in the last two days. Make them!
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Combine the baking soda with the milk and stir in.
Combine the flour mixture to pumpkin mixture. Then add the vanilla and chips.
Drop spoonfuls onto a greased cookies sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
And enjoy!

Tip Junkie handmade projects

1. Angie 4 years ago

YUM!!! I’m gonna grab all of the ingredients from the store today! Thank you for posting this. ^_^

2. My Hideaway 4 years ago

Wow these look delicious!!

3. Elisha Lynn 4 years ago

Yum! These cookies look so good! I just made a patch of pumpkin spice cookies last week and I didn’t even think about adding in chocolate chips. Great idea!

4. LC 4 years ago

I’m not a fan of pumpkin either, but I do enjoy incredibly soft cookies :)

5. ChinkyGirLMeL 4 years ago

Ooooooh. thanks for sharing this recipe. I can’t wait to try baking these. =)

6. That may be the same recipe I use…at least the end result looks the same. SOOO delicious. The best cookie especially fall time. However, I live in Switzerland now and I haven’t been able to find canned pumpkin. AHH. And I heard they don’t have vanilla extract here either. Crime.

7. Kelli Diane 4 years ago

YUMMMM I am going to make these!

8. VaLon Frandsen 4 years ago

Man, now I want some…

9. Carrie Rosalind 4 years ago

Oh my gosh, you had me at the title! Those sound divine!!

10. Happee Monkee 4 years ago

Am definitely going to try this!

11. @ksugarandspice 4 years ago

These look amazing. Great site and photography.xo

12. J's mom 4 years ago

I love this. Please link it to my linky party & anything else you have to share. Thanks, Peggy.

13. Anonymous 4 years ago

My family makes these cookies every year around the holidays. We love them…they are super tasty if you add walnuts or pecans.

14. Anonymous 4 years ago

they are great if you replace the white sugar with brown sugar!I also don’t use oil and milk and instead put in a second egg (or egg substitute like 3 tbsps of water and 1 tbsp of flax seed powder per egg)

15. Aaria 4 years ago

hmmm i am not a fan of Pumpkin but still i’ll try these Chocolate Chip Cookies…. pumpkin and chocolate different combination.. at least for me. anyways thanks for sharing. :)

16. Violet D'Art 4 years ago

I remember they made us eat a lot of pumpkin with sugar in kindergarten and I have hated it ever since. I couldn’t even stand the smell of it. I just loved carving the pumpkins for Halloween, nothing more. But lately (since I fell in love with spinach, which I also disliked) I’m thinking of giving it a second chance. Maybe I will try it in cookies first, those look really good!

17. Anniegetyourpencil 3 years ago

I just made these! They are delicious!! Thanks for the recipe!!

18. Anonymous 12 months ago

The world’s best cookie recipe asks for too much flour. The first time, the cookies tasted good, however looked more like biscuits than cookies. I then tried it again with 2 1/2cups of flour, and they came out a lot better. Might be able to get away with 2 1/4 cups of flour.

• Julie Ann 12 months ago

I’ve made this recipe several times and have always enjoyed them. I’m glad you found a modification that suits your taste buds.