Studio Organization

Since moving at the beginning of this year, my studio space has been, dare I say, uninspiring. The spare room of our rental house is white-walled with brown curtains. Oh, and did I mention that it’s small? And that I still have boxes of unpacked things in its closet? Ok, I admitted the worst of it. Now it’s time to do something about it.

Since having a rental has it’s decoration limitations (sad face) I know I’m not going to end up with one of those fancy schmancy studio spaces I drool over on Apartment Therapy. So, I made my goal small. I want to clear our the unnecessary junk from the closet and use that space for craft supply organization. I’ve been searching Pinterest (love) for ideas and it’s getting me so inspired!

I love this idea of painting some peg board for a splash of color!
How great is this?? Shower rack turned supply organizer!
So pretty! Love the paper lined doors.
Definitely trying this tutorial for pretty storage containers.
Look at all that yarn! I really need to add to my collection.
I love the look of these mason jars but I don’t
think they will work best for the supplies I have.
Now doesn’t all that make you want to work on making your craft space a little prettier? It sure inspire me! The first step will be the hardest….cleaning out the closet space. I contemplated posted a “before” photo but I was too embarrassed. ;] Wish me luck!
  1. A shower rack! That’s so smart. I recently re-did my studio, too. I felt SO much better when things were re-organized.

2. Shabby Life 4 years ago

Love those pictures! Those are all great ideas. I was also thinking of stocking up on Cath Kidston sandwich boxes to hold supplies.

Check them out, they are so cute and would be awesome for your craft room! The only issue is they come from the UK so shipping is kinda slow and $15 :(

Lauralee

3. Julie Ann Art 4 years ago

Paige, isn’t that a great idea! I never would’ve thought of that but now I might actually do it.

Lauralee, those boxes are SO pretty! Love the turquoise color.

4. Nadiine 4 years ago

what pretty inspirations :)
    I can’t wait to have my own studio!
    nadiine-x

5. Adrienna 4 years ago

This is such a good idea! I keep meaning to redo my studio, but I seem to be lacking motivation. But looking at this made me motivated to do it!

6. hopeandjoyhome 4 years ago

Hey! I am a Julie Ann too! I do have “befores” on my studio space also, but it is not to the “After” point yet! Such cute ideas! I loooove the magazine by Stampington “Where Women Create” some amazing inspirational spaces!( I get mine at Borders but they are also sometimes at B Dalton or Hobby Lobby) Man..I use a lot of !!! Sorry! akkk .. again :)

7. Victoria 4 years ago

Those are a lot of amazing ideas! I’ve been trying to get inspiration for redecorating my home… I guess I should finally get a pinterest, huh?

Mason jars are the bomb, I’m sad they won’t work for your supplies! I’ve recently found a love for stuffing everything in them!

8. DondaLee's 4 years ago

I love these ideas! I just finished organizing my craft space. I found your blog off the Etsy Blog team-it’s super cute! =)

Dondi

9. You, Enhanced 4 years ago

Amazingly creative ideas. Like you, I’m in a rental as well so I can’t do the things I would love to. Just being able to paint the walls the colors I’d like would be a major improvement.

• Velma Paul 3 years ago

I live in a rental and have for years I paint my walls what ever color I want. Just paint them white again when you move. I try to stick to light colors that are easily covered. If you like deeper or bolder colors, just use paint with primer or killz when you repaint.

Hope this helps.

Velma

10. Linda B 4 years ago

My entire townhouse has some part of my art supplies in it, beads are in the dining room, finished items and stamp supplies are in the master bedroom, mailing items in the office bedroom, display items in the garage.

I think I could use a whole new room, LOL

11. Kelly Oswalt 4 years ago

We just moved a month ago and I have a whole room for my crafts now. I bought a huge desk and credenza from Craigs list for only $60.00. I have 2 bookcases and an entertainment center with tons of storage. The desk is huge so I can use my Cricut and make jewelry. I love some of the ideas you posted. Liked the pictures. Good Luck!

12. Novia Indrianti 4 years ago

Looove all the pictures

13. Marilyn 4 years ago

As a fellow apartment renter, I need to bookmark this post b/c there’s some great ideas here. Been wanting to get a peg board for ages now.

14. Venassa 4 years ago

I love that first photo!
    The shelving with the jars? I’d die for something like that to put my paints in.

15. Karen 4 years ago

What wonderful pictures!! Now if I could organize myself a bit I might consider some of those ideas!!

16. Madonna 3 years ago

You can always check freecycle.org to find stuff people are givinng away for free or ask for :)