Homemade Foot Scrub

Giving myself a pedicure is one of my favorite ways to spend my “me time.” It’s fun and relaxing, and having pretty feet is just a bonus! I rarely go to the salon because I have all the ingredients in my kitchen for the best homemade food scrub (and I bet you do too!).

What you’ll need:

2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon almond oil (can be substituted for olive oil)

Just combine all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix till they turn into an even consistancy. It’s best to soak your feet in warm water first to loosen any tough, calloused areas. Then just slather on your homemade foot scrub to get pretty feet in no time! I even tend to use it on my lower legs as well, feels so good!

It smells delicious, works like a charm, and the cost is steal because the ingredients are already in your home!

1. kristanlynn 5 years ago

love it!!! i’m sooo doing this when i get a moment to myself!!! thanks!

love the favicon! is it new?! i just added one to my blog too. =)

2. JulieAnnA 5 years ago

Yes! I did the favicon last night. :]

Enjoy your homemade pedi!

3. CremeMagnolia 5 years ago

Love the foot scrub recipe! Your newest follower from EBT, welcome!

4. cyn5878 5 years ago

I can’t wait to try this!

5. Rachel 5 years ago

Oooh, that looks so nice :-) Found you on the Etsy blog team . . . I’m your newest follower!

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

6. Karina Wetzel 5 years ago

Oh this looks awesome! I cant wait to try it :) Thanks gor sharing!

Love your blog btw! Found you on ebt!

7. Shawnna 5 years ago

I can’t wait to try this! And share it :)

8. Anonymous 4 years ago

I made this today…so fun & my feet thank you! So glad I found your blog. Q: Do you think this keeps well to make it jars for gifts? I was wondering maybe if the brown sugar would dissolve? Anyhow, thanks for sharing :) Ashley in Colorado

9. Julie Ann Art 4 years ago

Hi Ashley! So glad you liked this tutorial. :] As far as putting it in jars for gifts (super cute idea by the way!) I’m not sure. I guess it depends how long it will be sitting. I was thinking you may start to see some separation between the oils and the sugar. Only one way to find out though! I actually may have to try it as a gift myself! xo

10. Hayley 4 years ago

This is awesome! I’m making a “beauty kit” for my roommate for Christmas. I’m making a bunch of homemade soaps and other beauty items and packaging them up in mason jars and other cute things. Is it okay for me to make it ahead of time and package it up? Or should it be used right away?

11. Julie Ann 4 years ago

HI Hayley, I’m not sure it should sit for a long time, just because there is only in it. I worry that it might separate? I really don’t know though, I always use it right away! :] But even if it did, I’m sure it could just be mixed up to the correct consistency again, it just may not look as pretty to begin with. ;]

12. Anonymous 4 years ago

P.S. you can’t jar it!!!! Lemon juice goes bad!!!!!

13. jen 4 years ago

very cool! definitely going to try this out. how often should you do it? and for how long should you do each session? thanks so much!

14. Bri 4 years ago

I used this today, and it’s fabulous!! I can’t believe how soft my feet are!

15. Anonymous 4 years ago

I love this! It definatly feels wonderful! Thank you so much for the recipie

16. molly 4 years ago

This is a good mix, I’ve heard of sugar scrubs before, but they are just equal parts brown sugar to olive oil, but this one sounds much better. I can’t wait to give it a try 😀 thanks for sharing!
    Denver car accident lawyer

17. Anonymous 4 years ago

its amazing! i can’t believe how soft my feet are!thank you so much for this wonderful recipe.God bless!!!

18. x3mizzchrizty 3 years ago

how long did you leave it on for? Doesn’t say and just curious

• Julie Ann 3 years ago

Hi there, I just gave my feet a good scrubbing with it and then rinsed it off.

19. Kelee 3 years ago

Can this be made and sealed in a mason jar as an xmas gift? I’m putting together a “spa basket” for my sister and wanted to include it